The IOSH Working Safely e-learning course is nationally recognised and is suitable for new starters or workers from any sector requiring a grounding in health and safety essentials.
Module 1 – Introducing IOSH Working Safely
- An introduction to the course and the principles of why working safely is important.
Module 2 – Defining Hazard and Risk
- Understanding what constitutes a hazard and recognising the different types
- Understanding the principles of risk and risk assessment
Module 3 – Identifying Common Hazards
- Recognising 18 of the most common workplace hazards
- How they arise
- How to remove or reduce the risk
Module 4 – Improving Safety Performance
- Understanding the safe systems of work
- A look at how, when and why to use PPE
- Recognising safety signs
- An overview of emergency procedures and first aid
- Understanding the basics of measuring health and safety and reporting incidents
Module 5 – Protecting Our Environment
- Understanding how industry affects the environment
- Discovering what industry and the individual can do to reduce pollution and waste
Complimenting this IOSH Working Safely e-learning training course is a Learners Task Book downloadable from the Learning Management System (LMS) containing activities designed to transfer learning to the real life workplace.
Qualification and Certification
Successful completion results in the award of an IOSH Working Safely certificate.
The course takes approximately 6 – 8 hours to complete. A period of 6 months is allowed for completion – this in not extendable.
Minimum PC Requirements
- Internet Explorer v6 and Flash v8 or higher
- It is also necessary to remove the Google toolbar
- Please note this course is compatible with MAC computers.
If you would like to study workplace health and safety further we recommend the IOSH Managing Safely E-learning qualification. The course is approximately 24 hours in duration and it is available for study in the comfort of your own home or workplace via the internet.
Alternatively you can study the IOSH Managing Safely course in a classroom. The qualification is suitable for supervisors and managers. The training will introduce to to risk assessments and how to conduct them.
Please note: for all e-learning courses we are required to setup user accounts and login details. e-learning courses can only be processed and accessed the same day if purchased during normal working hours which are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. E-learning courses purchased on a weekend will be processed on the following Monday morning.