Due to extraordinary circumstances impacting the regular provision of health and safety training the NEBOSH Fire Certificate course can now be studied in ‘virtual trainer’ format in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Using Video Technology
It is permitted to deliver the NEBOSH course remotely via video technology solution. The training will follow the same curriculum as the classroom course and deliver the same standard of training meeting all examination body rules. Minimum delegate numbers for the course may be reduced for the period the training provision is in place. To manage remote training effectively, the maximum number of delegates allowed may also be reduced.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!
Each virtual NEBOSH Fire Certificate course listed on our website includes a location including town/city, county and postcode, however it is important to note that all virtual courses can be attended from anywhere and therefore please ignore the location information. Location data is currently a system requirement to publish virtual courses on our website. If these courses continue beyond the current COVID-19 lockdown our systems will be developed further.
NEBOSH Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors, personnel responsible for fire safety and aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and fire preventative and protective measures within most workplaces.
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate course is targeted at delegates who have successfully completed the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or the Management of Safety and Health (Unit NGC1) in the last 5 years.
NEBOSH Fire Certificate Units
- Unit FC1 – Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Unit FC2 – Practical Fire Risk Assessment
Please note: Unit GC1 of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is not included in this course. If you would like to attend this Unit please call 0844 5766750 to discuss with one of our representatives.
What You’ll Learn During the Training
- Understand the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety
- Appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
NEBOSH Fire Certificate courses listed on this website may include Unit 1 of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, however this is usually indicated in the ‘Specific Date Details’ section within the course event pages. If you wish only to sit unit FC1 or you would like clarification on this matter please contact us prior to booking.