Concentrating on your environmental management is an excellent way of saving money within the company and of course becoming more environmentally responsible. The work you put into creating an excellent management system will pay off through helping you to show you are a caring and considerate organisation, helping customers to respect and trust your services, as well as reducing spending in many areas.
Tips on How to Improve Your Environmental Management
To help you get started here are some tips on areas in your company that need to be focused upon.
- Recycling and reusing smaller items such as paper within the company is a good way of saving money and reducing the amount of waste your firm produces.
- Conserve how you use energy. Reduce the amount of water that’s used and consider harvesting rain water in water tanks. Turn off electrical equipment when not in use, upgrade to energy efficient machinery and equipment. Speak to your suppliers to find out more about saving and conserving energy.
- Look at your suppliers and find eco-friendly alternatives to show you are concerned about meeting your environmental responsibilities.
- Use eco-friendly products for all of your processes. Switch to recycled paper goods and organic alternatives to chemicals as well as component parts, supplies and any parts you may use in production.
- Donate money to a local project designed to reduce impact on the environment.
- Look at ways to streamline your logistics. Reduce the amount of mileage your company does to deliver goods or source your supplies.
- Educate your employees on how they can play an important role in helping your company to fulfil the environmental responsibilities. Consider encouraging cycling to work, car pools and educate on the acts they can do to benefit theÂ team.
- Add information about how you are working to help the environment to your website, emails and marketing materials to help educate the community and other businesses.
Environmental Management Training
Environmental management training can provide you with techniques and methods that will ensure you comply with lawsÂ and work to make a difference. If you would like to sign up for one of our many courses designed to improve environmental management skills you can do so by calling 0808 1966 830.
Other Environmental Awareness & Management Training Courses
- IEMA Environmental Awareness
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- CITB SEATS – Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme