There are two qualifications in environmental management training that are provided by NEBOSH. Environmental management has become far more important for businesses to concentrate on in recent years, and compliance with legislation and regulations is necessary to avoid the risk of prosecution. There are further advantages too such as improving your organisation, reducing costs and working on improving the well-being of your employees.
Managers, supervisors and employees can benefit from attending this course provided by NEBOSH. It is an excellent option for anyone who has to manage the environmental responsibilities of your company. The NEBOSH course is based upon the UK Environmental laws and the International Management systems and will give a wide amount of information on such issues such as:
- Impact assessments and EMS
- Controlling pollution
- Energy sources and efficiency
- Environmental emergency planning
At the end of the course the delegates will sit a short assessment which includes one long answer question and ten short answer questions.
In order to attend this course it is necessary to have successfully passed the IEMA Certificate in General Management. The diploma will build upon the elements covered in the IEMA such as:
- Waste water treatment
- Noise control and monitoring
- Air abatement technology
- Cost benefit
- Risk assessments for environmental issues
- Hazardous substances
- Landfill design and management
- Transporting dangerous goods
The learning outcome for the diploma includes the ability to outline the techniques used in environmental issue risk assessments. What causes environmental noise and how to control the noise as well as:
- Defining the various methods of treating hazardous risks
- Understanding the issues that arise from environmental pressure groups
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Environmental Planning Laws
- Legal requirements surrounding noise
- Monitoring and analysis methods
At the end of the course all delegates have to sit a three hour examination. In addition to the exam an environmental report needs to be submitted for assessment.
If you are looking to provide training to your employees or embark on training for you own benefit contact our team for more information regarding environmental management training. Fill in our online form or call us on 0844 576 6750.