It’s not easy to find free health and safety training without spending lots of time crawling search engines and websites so we’ve spent some quality time doing some very worth while research for you. Below is some information and links to free health and safety courses delivered by recognised UK training providers. Before you start learning for free we would like to give credit where it’s due – this page and the free courses listed on it were found on our most recent discovery Alison.com – what a great website! ALISON stands for “Advance Learning Interactive Systems Online” an independent organisation which is located in Galway, Ireland. They are pioneering a unique education and training model that allows learning, assessment, testing, and verification to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time for free.
Free Health and Safety Courses Available
Take a look at some of the free health and safety courses available via Alison.com:
- Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health – Topics covered in this free online course include behaviour-based safety for supervisors and managers, workstation ergonomics, back safety, and the keys to maintaining a drug-free workplace.You will gain a thorough understanding of key aspects such as risk analysis, hazard identification and control, safety education/training, and best practice policies for the implementation of effective safety programs. Also included is a case study that focuses on the management of safety and health in schools.
- Behaviour-Based Safety – This free e-learning course provides an introduction to behaviour-based safety. It’s suitable for team leaders and supervisors, however the short course may be useful to any individuals who require an understanding or overview of the concepts involved. The course may be of particular use to Health and Safety Representatives, Officers, Managers or Auditors.
- Food Safety Training – Safe Practices and Procedures – This free food safety course will teach attendees different programs that can be implemented within their operation. The training teaches individual cleanliness guidelines that are applicable to employees working within the sanitation and safety operation, to the imperative role the manager plays in the operation. This free online course will quickly ensure that your food service operation will have a reputation for good cleanliness and sanitation.
- Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare – Safety Management – A free safety management level course for individuals working in the healthcare industry. The short training course aims to provide line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare environments.
- Safety and Health in the Science Laboratory for Teachers – This free training is designed to help teachers of the Science subjects improve their understanding and knowledge of safety, health and welfare, particularly within the science laboratory.
- If you can’t find suitable free training on this page try looking at out paid health and safety training section. If you find any of the information on this page useful please remember to share with others using the social media buttons below – thank you!